If you have at least a month to spare and would be willing to contribute some time and energy to the community and the Bivou family, consider our volunteer program. Open to adventurous individuals 18 years of age or older, the volunteer program is a great opportunity to experience what life is like at The Bivou and Lijiang for more than a few nights.
- Basic spoken Chinese – You will often work alongside our local staff and need to be able to take direction from them and communicate with them to some degree. Having at least a conversational level of Chinese will allow you to work and connect more efficiently with them and our Chinese-speaking guests, and will enhance your overall experience. If you are not confident in your Chinese, we recommend taking a beginner or conversational Chinese course and/or studying on your own prior to volunteering.
- Flexibility and a good attitude – Daily duties can change very quickly, so a good attitude and willingness to take direction and work with the rest of the team is a must!
- Physical condition – As daily work requires walking, trekking and carrying things, you must be confident in your physical condition
- The volunteer program is focused on enhancing guest experience, as well as assisting with behind the scene operations. Typical duties include showing new guests to rooms, helping in the kitchen with meals and cleanup, housekeeping, working in the gardens, setting up and running Happy Hour and meals, taking guests on hikes and in-house programmes and helping out with special projects, depending on personal expertise!
- In exchange for helping out, volunteers are offered 3 x daily meals and for accommodation, a choice of modest lodging in the volunteer hostel, or a stipend that covers their rental in Lijiang during their stay, or a greatly discounted rate for the Bivou hotel rooms.
Write in to us for more information! firstname.lastname@example.org